BlackBerry recently has announced their Q3 Fiscal 2016 results.
“I am pleased with our continued progress on BlackBerry’s strategic priorities, leading to 14 percent sequential growth in total revenue for Q3. We delivered accelerating growth in enterprise software and higher revenue across all of our areas of focus,” said Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer John Chen. “Our new PRIV device has been well received since its launch in November, and we are expanding distribution to additional carriers around the world in the next several quarters.
“BlackBerry has a solid financial foundation, and we are executing well. To sustain our current direction, we are stepping up investments to drive continued software growth and the additional PRIV launches. I anticipate this will result in sequential revenue growth in our software, hardware and messaging businesses in Q4.”
- Non-GAAP total revenue of $557 million, up 14 percent over Q2 FY16
- Non-GAAP software and services revenue of $162 million, up 183 percent year over year and up 119 percent quarter over quarter
- Adjusted EBITDA of $114 million
- Cash and investments balance of $2.71 billion at the end of the fiscal quarter, including the impact of the recent acquisitions of AtHoc and Good Technology
- Non-GAAP loss of ($0.03) per share
- Completed the acquisitions of AtHoc and Good Technology
- Launched the PRIV in November, the only smartphone that combines BlackBerry-level security with the Google Play App Store’s 1.6 million apps
- Confirmed plans to release OS version 10.3.3 on BlackBerry 10 to support NIAP certification